Tuesday 4 September 2012

'Founders Day'

On Sunday me, my Dad and some friends went to a motorbike show. It was 'Founders Day' at Stamford Hall, Leicestershire.

I really enjoyed the Jumble Sale. I liked the experience of looking at all of the bits, like cylinder heads, kick starts, engines and farings. As well as looking at some fully assembled bikes. One of the people who was selling some bits, told us they used to be a speed record holder.

At the Jumble Sale, I bought a footrest as the old footrest had been broken off. The good thing is now both of the footrests can fold up if you drop the bike.

I also bought some hand grips. The old ones I didn't really like and they were damaged. I thought '50:50' they would fit on the bike or not. I was relieved that they do fit, snug and tug!

The BSA Bantam Owners Club were there and I went in and I said to my Dad, 'it would be funny if there was BSA Bantam wallets'. My Dad said 'go and look' and luckily they had some! So we bought one for me to use at my new school.

I met the man who wrote a book called 'Over Land to Egypt' which he did on a BSA Bantam D1, which was interesting.

In the ring, they were showing different types of bikes. When I've finished my bike I am going to take it down there to show it and hopefully drive it in the ring. There was a push start bike. They started it and after a few seconds of it running nicely, there was a 'chug' and he stopped the bike and the flywheel had come off. He put it on the seat and wheeled it out!

I am happy that it didn't rain that day! I loved hearing those engines ROAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment